Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday - lightweight quilt

I had a few hours of unscheduled time on Saturday, and looked around my house to see what I could get done, got overwhelmed, and started a sewing project instead ;). I did end up getting a lot of housework done eventually, but first I played with my wool :).
My comforters are too warm for the summer, but a sheet just isn't enough, so I decided to make a lightweight merino quilt for the bed. I need 90 8 1/2" squares to make it the size I want, and I cut 44 of them today, so i'm off to a good start. Hopefully I can finish it before it gets cold again, so I can use it this year!


One of the sweaters had perfect cuffs for cozies for my son's water bottle. It is felted, and was the perfect size, so I didn't have to sew a thing, just cut them off and slip them on!



This quilt will be a work in progress for a while, so i'll keep you all updated!

What have you been working on?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a felted wool quilt that I am going to re work for my daughter. I am taking the satin trim off and am going to hand stitch decorative stitches at joining steams and edges. Also have lots of squares to piece into another quilt. I recently decided to work from home instead of outside the home so am looking forward to having more creative time!

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It is really the one and ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh 42 lbs less than us.

(And really, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING to related to "how" they are eating.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "what"...

CLICK this link to see if this quick quiz can help you unlock your real weight loss potential

Office Movers Santa Maria said...

Inteeresting thoughts

Anna said...

Very interesting!