Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday- insulated thermos cover... with a tail!



You know something like this has to have a story, right? Well, it does :). My brother in law likes go out on his front porch in the evening. Lately there's been a skunk hanging around the front of the house at night, so he's been worried about being sprayed while he's out there. My niece (his daughter), who is such a fun & funny person, couldn't resist pulling a prank on him with her boyfriend. They took a realistic stuffed animal skunk, attached fishing line to it, and strung it through a tree. When they moved it around, my b-i-l panicked and tried to get in the front door. They locked it. And video taped it. LOL!

Anyhoo, they had asked me a while back to make a cover for his thermos, since his coffee was going cold too quickly. Because of the handle and strap, I used a cardigan, so it could be buttoned around the handle.



I couldn't resist adding the tail ;).

2 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

How funny! I love your skunk inspired thermos cover. I hope, in addition to keeping his coffee warm, it gets a few laughs.

Resweater said...

I actually only pinned the tail on with safety pins, so he could remove it, but he wants it sewn on... he likes it like that!