Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A new shop & a new feature for Resweater


I wanted to have an online venue for my finished products, so I opened up a second shop, Resweater Etc. I set it up, and even added a few things, and realized that it's too much work for me to take on right now. It is time consuming to list, especially since I have to be the eyes & fingers in my descriptions, since my customers can't pick them up & feel them. It is also time consuming to keep them inventoried, and organized in between craft shows too. If this were my only shop & venue, it wouldn't be a problem, but I have my Resweater shop, my wholesale orders, and my craft shows. Preschool is only 3 hours long ;) ! I feel bad though, not being able to offer my finished products online, especially for those of you that have asked for them, so I will be doing something new. Wednesdays will now be "What i've been working on Wednesday", and I will show the stuff I made that week. Just like Sweater Sunday, this will give you an opportunity to call dibs on anything you want to buy, before it is offered up to my wholesale customer or craft shows. What do you think?

This is what i've made over the last couple of weeks...

Diaper covers: medium longies in a thick merino, large double layer soaker in lambswool & merino, small double layer soaker in lambswool.


Lots o' mittens! By the way... they look perfect on hands, but look so wonky & oddly shaped laying there. Does anyone have any mitten secrets they would like to share? Steaming? Ironing?



Lot's o' Mitten Doublers.

8 comments:

Shinny said...

Try stuffing the mittens so that it looks like a hand is in them. Use your extra scraps since a little goes a long way and they aren't all that lumpy. That is what I would try. Lovely items. So wish I was as creative as you or just had more time to let the creative juices flow. ;)

Mary Keenan said...

Throw a damp cloth over the mitts and steam the dickens out of them with a hot iron - works wonders on a wool mitt! Love the new stuff btw :^)

Brenda said...

These are the coolist mittens, and I love the doublers. I have a sister who is constantly complaining how cold her hands are. How much will you sell your mittens and doublers for? Are these kid sizes or for women?

Resweater said...

Mary, I will definitely try that. Thanks!

Resweater said...

Brenda, Thanks! The mittens are $15/pair for wool, $17/pair for cashmere. The Mitten Doublers are $8/pair for wool, and $10/pair for cashmere, but you get $2 off if you get both mittens & doublers... so $25 for cashmere mittens & doublers together, & $21 for wool mittens & doublers together. They are all women sized. I am working on kid sized ones, but i'm not going to be making them this season.

Brenda said...

I would like to call dibs on the black and grey mittens in the first pic second row and doublers to go with it! Just let me know how to pay. pumpkinhollowprimitives (at) hotmail (dot) com If they are spoken for I'll pick another set.

Maria said...

Found you on an Artfire tweet!
Great ideas for recycling!! Cute.

sallymandy said...

You do a great job with all the projects you have....your Artfire shop, blog, craft shows, etc.

It's verry time-consuming to keep another shop running. I understand!

BTW, I do find steam ironing cures all sorts of wool wonkiness in finished items.

Barbara
www.redress.co