Friday, July 16, 2010

Fiber Fair - Day 1

It was a great day at the fair today! I met so many fabulous people, and bought (and traded for!) some fabulous things! Guess what I forgot to bring, though? Yep, my camera :( I'll have to take pictures tomorrow, but it looked better when the racks were full. My son was an angel. We were there for a full 8 hours, with an over an hour drive tacked on to each end, and he didn't act up a bit. Thankfully my friend Nata-Leigh will be accompanying me tomorrow, so my son & husband will get a break... at least until Sunday!

For those of you that are new to my blog from grabbing my cards today, welcome! Make yourselves at home here :) The search box in the upper left corner can help you find anything specific, like "tutorials", and typing "FAQ" into the search box may help answer the questions you may have about recycled wool, and what I do.

It occurred to me last night (wish it would have sooner!) that I needed an apron, and whipped this one up. It must not have looked as bad as I thought it did, because I got a lot of compliments on it.


Since I forgot to take pics of my booth, how about a peek at some of the goodies I brought home?

Fingerless gloves by Feltwerker, a fellow recycled wool enthusiast, that have a wonderful crocheted thumb hole and quilted stripes:


A fun beaded necklace with a felted wool ball (i'll have to add the name of the maker tomorrow) that is even more pretty & fun in real life!

Some beautiful earrings (they look SO pretty with proper lighting) that are made from recycled buttons. They are from The Button Stops Here, where you can find beautiful & unique jewelry made from vintage, antique, and even Victorian buttons!


My son picked out this adorable little stuffed tooth pillow for himself, made by Sighfoo. If you are in the market for stuffies, I highly recommend checking out her shop.


Well, that's all for now! I promise to take lots of pictures tomorrow, and hopefully will have time (& energy!) to blog after day 2.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! Trades always make a show go better, I think. This year, I've been off my show schedule and it's a bit sad to come home empty handed! Wish I could be there in person to rifle through all your awesome wool sweaters!

Your apron looks fun and very functional!

Resweater said...

Maybe next year, Victoria. I might try a show in Michigan, since many of my customers live there. We can combine it with a family vacation. I haven't been to Michigan since I was a kid.

Christina AKA SuperMom said...

Oh what Fun! I would of loved to be there!