Monday, November 24, 2008

Sleep sacks!

ETA: This Etsy shop may longer be taking orders. There has been no response from this shop for weeks.

I LOVE these and am in the process of ordering some from Bundles Of Joy myself :) My son has always used fleece & cotton sleepsacks, but now a diaper cover will be optional, since a wool sleepsack is essentially a diaper cover. I love the straps on these (they remind me of suspenders), and the snap open bottom. I know she makes them for easy diaper changes, but the benefit for me is that it's easier for my son's late night trips to the potty. Why wool sleep sacks? Let her description tell you:

"A wool sleep sack is a great way to swaddle your baby at night and keep the bedding dry! The sleep sack, unlike blankets, will never be kicked off or wander up to cover your baby's face. And wool is naturally flame-retardant!
The wool sleep sack can be used in a variety of ways. Slip in on over your baby's pajamas in colder weather, or use it instead of pajama bottoms in warmer weather. If your baby wears cloth diapers, you can use the sleep sack as the diaper cover. Or use it over a diaper cover for extra protection against night-time leaking."

This is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the benefits of wool. For more benefits, especially when it comes to sleepwear, I love this page for summing it all up:
Benefits of wool

Pictured are a couple of examples of her work. I love the patchwork one! I'll post mine when I get them!

You can see her shop on Etsy:
Bundle Of Joy
bundlesofjoy.etsy.com




No comments: